THE REPUBLIC OF GHANA
Ministry of Food and Agriculture
GHANA COMMERCIAL AGRICULTURE PROJECT
(PROJECT ID: Q7760 – GCAP)
Reference No. MOFA/GCAP/QCBS/2013/02
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
PROVISION OF CONSULTANCY FOR MARKET STRUCTURES SURVEY OF WAREHOUSES AND DESIGN & SUPERVISION OF WORKS
1. The Government of Ghana has received credit from the International Development Association (IDA) and the USAID for the implementation of the Ghana Commercial Agriculture Project (GCAP). The Management of GCAP intended that part of the proceeds of this credit will be applied for eligible payments for the procurement of a consultant to undertake a Market Structures Survey of Warehouses and Design & Supervision of Works. The Employer intends to apply a portion of the funds to eligible payments under the contract for which this Request for Proposals is issued.
2. GCAP will support investments in storage infrastructure through PPP arrangements financed by way of matching grants in:
- Rehabilitation of state-owned agricultural storage facilities and mills, transferring operation and management to private operators. Either the concession holder will take responsibility for rehabilitation, possibly supported by a grant, or rehabilitation costs are borne by the Government, while concession holders are identified who take over the responsibility for operation and maintenance.
- Supporting private investment in new warehouses and mills through matching grants.
3. The market structure survey will describe and quantify commodity flows, current and potential future storage and processing practices, and other information that is required for the planning of warehouse and processing infrastructure. The survey will identify existing warehouse locations with commercial potential as well as locations where new warehousing opportunities may exist. Based on the findings of the market structure survey, an inventory of existing government-owned storage facilities, including new buildings in the pipeline, will be carried out. For each property the inventory will include the following elements: (a) status of land title, owner, any land issues, and any site issues regarding potential displacement and environmental issues; (b) assessment and feasibility of rehabilitation requirements and Bill of Quantity.
4. The Ministry of Food and Agriculture now invites consulting firms to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The short listing criteria are: (1) Core business and numbers of years in business; (2) Technical and Managerial Organization of firm; (3) Availability of Appropriate Skills among Staff; (4) Firm’s experience in similar assignment; and (5) Firm’s experience in working in similar conditions/environment.
5. The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011 edition (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
6. Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
7. A short list of consulting firms will be compiled and a consultant selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Method procedures set out in the Guidelines: Selection and Employment of consultant Under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grant By World Bank Borrowers (January 2011 Edition).
8. Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours i.e. 0900 to 1700 hours.
9. Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by 10.00HRS Friday May 24, 2013.
The Project Coordinator,
Ghana Commercial Agriculture
Ministry of Food and Agriculture
CASHEW Block (around Juvenile Court, Riviera Beach), Accra
P. O. Box M.37, Accra, Ghana
Fax: + 233-302-668245