POSITION: BREAD BASKET MANAGER
The Government of Ghana has received funding from the Alliance for Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) for the coordination of the Bread Basket Programme in the Northern Region of Ghana. The goal of the project is to help improve the implementation of the Breadbasket Strategy, ensure transparency and level playing field for all key bread basket transformation stakeholders in the Northern Region of Ghana by December 2015. Specifically, the project seeks to achieve the following:
- Improve stakeholder planning, coordination and monitoring of the BBS implementation in the Northern Region and give a voice to all stakeholders including government, donors, investors, and communities.
- Increase sustainable private sector involvement in BBS initiatives.
- Increase resource mobilization for effective implementation of the BBS initiatives.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified individuals for the above stated position in the two-year programme
The Bread Basket Manager would be based in Tamale and be responsible for coordinating agriculture interventions in the Northern Region. He/she will report directly to the Chief Director.
Specific responsibilities of Bread Basket Manager will include but not limited to the following:
- Identify and document all key interventions of the Agriculture Sector in the Northern Region implemented by Government, DPs and NGOs.
- Analyse and identify areas of duplication and complementarities and advise Government and stakeholders on how to harmonize the interventions to achieve optimum results
- Organize quarterly sector meetings with key stakeholders to dialogue and exchange information and knowledge on operational issues as well as related national policy to enhance cross fertilization of ideas and information and horizontal and vertical integration of information in the sector for effective sector work.
- Prepare quarterly reports on programme harmonization and coordination efforts in the Northern Region and submit to the Sector Working Group in the Northern Region, the Minister of MoFA and the ASWG for information and necessary action.
- In consultation with MOFA Regional Director of Agriculture and the Regional Coordinating Council, organize and facilitate annual planning sessions for the agriculture sector in the districts and at the Regional level in such a way that it feeds into the National budgeting cycle.
- At least M.Sc. degree in Agricultural Economics, Social Sciences, or related field.
- At least eight (8) years working experience in the agriculture sector in areas of policy development, donor relations and monitoring and evaluation. Familiarity with the agricultural development community in Ghana and knowledge of national development strategy, the FASDEP, METASIP and key donor funded programs in the sector will be an advantage.
- Computer literate
- Excellent writing, presentation and communication skills;
- Willingness and ability to work under minimum guidance;
- Willingness to work extra hours
- Willing to travel extensively in the Northern Region and between the North and Accra
Remuneration: Competitive salary
Job Location: Tamale
Job Duration: Two years assessable yearly for satisfactory performance.
Qualified and interested applicants should send application letters with copies of curriculum vitae, certificates and other relevant documentations to:
Qualified and interested applicants should send application letters with copies of curriculum vitae, certificates and other relevant documentation to:
The Chief Director
Ministry of Food and Agriculture
PO Box M 37, Accra, Ghana
Closing Date: 3.00p.m. on Friday 7th June 2013
For further information please contact:
THE PROJECTS COORDINATOR
MINISTRY OF FOOD AND AGRICULTURE (MOFA)
PO BOX MB.37, ACCRA
Tel: + 233-302-660935
Applicants are to include direct contacts (reliable telephone, fax numbers and email address) in their applications in order to facilitate early and easy contact. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.