Business Analyst, ERP Solutions (revised*) (1 position)
|Vacancy announcement number:||1187|
|Date of issue:||01/27/2014|
|Deadline for applications:||02/11/2014|
|Organizational unit:||Inform. & Comm Technology Div.|
|Duration of assignment||2 years fixed-term (renewable)|
The International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) is an International Financial Institution and a specialized United Nations Agency whose mission is enabling poor rural people to improve their food security and nutrition, raise their incomes, and strengthen their resilience. To achieve these goals. IFAD develops and finances programs and projects aimed at increasing agricultural productivity and incomes and reducing rural poverty. IFAD’s headquarters is in Rome, Italy, but has offices in 40 countries and finances programs and projects in more than 90 countries.
The Information and Communications Technology Division (ICT) is part of the Corporate Services Department of IFAD. Its stated objective is to be a strategic partner and a responsive service and support provider, delivering state-of-the-art information and communications technology and expertise to the workforce, its representatives and the leadership of IFAD.
Purpose of Position
Under the supervision of the ICT Solutions Coordinator, ICT, and as part of the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Support Team, the incumbent will deliver solutions for the development, implementation, evolution and support of the functionality and integrity of IFAD’s ERP system. In particular, the incumbent will provide day-to-day functional support to IFAD’s ERP system, primarily in the areas of Finance, Administration, Human Resources and Payroll.
Duties and responsibilities
The incumbent will:
- Undertake analysis of assigned IFAD business processes, define application system requirements, and develop technical and functional specifications, interviewing Business Process Owners (BPOs) and users as required; ensure alignment of requirements and projects with business strategies;
- Design, develop, maintain, document and deploy corporate application systems primarily in, but not limited to, the corporate ERP environment; interface custom software with ERP solutions and productivity tools;
- Develop effective relationships with BPOs; identify integration points within the ERP system and coordinate with BPOs to deliver efficiency gains at a system level and across functional units;
- Coordinate development work of external vendors; package development work to be outsourced, monitor and control progress to ensure timely delivery and expected quality;
- Provide on-going technical support to IFAD’s ERP systems including problem resolution/bug-fixing, application changes and enhancements; develop strategies for system upgrades and procedures for patch installation and testing; resolve system configuration and performance problems;
- Manage change requests for IFAD’s ERP systems, including the evaluation, execution, testing, verification, acceptance and deployment of the requested solution;
- Undertake cost-benefit analyses and feasibility studies and develop project plans for system development, maintenance and evolution projects; analyse technical proposals for ERP-related equipment, software and services;
- Plan and develop deliverables for consultants, overseeing work to ensure the quality of solutions implemented;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Accounting or Business Administration. The Advanced Degree may be substituted by a first university degree (Bachelor or equivalent) plus relevant professional qualification.
- Minimum of eight years of professional experience in the implementation and support of enterprise-wide Financial-Administrative systems. Direct and extensive experience in the implementation and support of PeopleSoft Systems essential. Candidates are expected to have a strong understanding of financial processes and a good working knowledge of the implemented PeopleSoft modules, including AR/Billing, General Ledger, Budget, Commitment Control, Cash Management, AP/PO and Travel and Expenses.
PRINCE 2 certification and proven experience in IT project management would be advantageous.
Effective problem solving approach; demonstrated success in the analysis, design, implementation and quality control of corporate ERP solutions; ability to understand complex business processes; ability to work in a cross-cultural team and develop and maintain a positive relationship with end users; ability to prioritize and organize the work (own and consultants’) for effective resolution of functional and technical problems; ability to consult and deal effectively with all levels of the organization; ability to develop clear and concise proposals for system implementation;
Proven experience in the below technologies is essential:
- People Tools 8.5x and PeopleSoft FIN/HCM 9.X
- People Code (version 8 and above, including Application Package)
- Integration Broker and Web services
- Application Engine and Component Interface
- Oracle database
Experience in the below technology is desirable:
- OBIEE reporting tool
Languages and other skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, including the ability to set out a coherent analysis in presentations.
(*) This is a revised re-advertised position. Candidates who have previously applied to an earlier placement of VA 1187 need not re-apply.
Applicants should note that IFAD staff members are international civil servants subject to the authority of the President of IFAD, and they may be assigned by him/her to any of the activities of IFAD, including field assignments and/or rotation within IFAD.
IFAD is committed to achieving diversity and is seeking a balanced workforce from IFAD’s Member States. Women are, in particular, encouraged to apply.
IFAD reserves the right to appoint a candidate at the appropriate grade commensurate with experience and knowledge.
Interested candidates are requested to apply by completing IFAD’s Personal History Form (PHF) in English. A separate CV may be attached if you so desire, only as a supplement and NOT a substitute to the PHF. The application should be made through the online system only. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY the instructions in ‘How to Apply’ before you start.
In the interest of making most cost effective use of funds and resources, we are only able to respond to applicants who are short-listed for interview. Candidates who do not receive any feedback within three months should consider their application unsuccessful.
Candidates may be required to take a written test and to deliver a presentation as well as participate in interviews.