MINISTRY OF FOOD AND AGRICULTURE
GHANA COMMERCIAL AGRICULTURE PROJECT
(PROJECT ID: P114264; CREDIT NO.: 5077-0 GH)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
The Government of Ghana, acting through the Ministry of Food and Agriculture has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Ghana Commercial Agriculture Project (GCAP), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services involve the auditing of accounts for Project Financial Statements prepared by the PIU. The audit of the Project Financial Statements (PFS) is to enable the auditor to express a professional opinion on the financial statements of the Ghana Commercial Agricultural Project (GCAP), for the fiscal years 2014 , 2015, 2016 & 2017, and of the funds received and expenditures for the accounting periods ending on those dates as well as an opinion on the Statement of Expenditure and the Designated Accounts.
The audit will be carried out in accordance with International Standards of Auditing, and will include such tests and controls as the auditor considers necessary under the circumstances. In conducting the audit, special attention shall be paid to the following:–
- Funds received for the purpose of the GCAP implementation have been used in accordance with the relevant financing agreement, with due attention to economy and efficiency, and only for the purposes for which the financing was provided.
- Goods and services financed have been procured in accordance with the relevant financing agreement, applicable procurement guidelines, laws and procedures.
- All necessary supporting documents, records, and accounts have been kept in respect of all project ventures including expenditures reported via SOEs or Designated Accounts, Direct Payments and Special Commitments. Clear linkages should exist between the books of account and reports presented to the Bank.
- The extent of accuracy and adequacy of accounting records and internal controls; the appropriateness of the selection and application of accounting policies, and the safeguarding of the assets of the entity; and the existence and accuracy of written confirmation of information concerning representations made to the auditor in connection with the audit
- Designated Accounts have been maintained in accordance with the provisions of the relevant financing agreement.
- Confirm that the project accounts have been prepared in accordance with International Accounting Standards and generally accepted accounting principles, in conformity with the World Bank’s requirements and relevant laws of Ghana, and give a true and fair view of the financial situation of the project for the period 2014-2017 financial years; and covering the sources of funds and expenditures for the periods ended on those dates.
The PIU of MOFA/GCAP now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills amongst Staff, etc. The shortlisting criteria are: (1) Core business and numbers of years in business- (10 points); (2) Technical and Managerial Organization of firm- (20 points); (3) Availability of Appropriate Skills among Staff- (30 points); (4) Firm’s experience in similar assignment- (30 points); and (5) Firm’s experience in working in similar conditions/environment- (10 points).
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers January 2011 edition (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Least Cost Selection Method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 9.00am to 4.00pm
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by 10.00HRS Wednesday February 4, 2015.
The Project Coordinator,
Ghana Commercial Agriculture
Ministry of Food and Agriculture
CASHEW Block (around Juvenile Court, Riviera Beach), Accra
P.O. Box M.37, Accra, Ghana
Fax: + 233-302-668245