Vacancy Announcement No. IRC2912
Deadline for Applications: 16 July 2015
|Duty Station Location||Rome, Italy|
Summary of Duties and Functions
Under the direct supervision of the Director, OHR, the Deputy Director will specifically:
▪ Support the Director in the overall management responsibilities of the Office, including effective management of staff and resources, planning and prioritizing, and implementation of OHR’s approved work plans;
▪ Assist the Director with the formulation and implementation of the corporate HR strategies and policies and programmes;
▪ Communicate, negotiate and diffuse corporate HR policies and positions in an effective manner;
▪ Oversee and coordinate the HR component of the work of the three Shared Services Centre-hubs in Bangkok, Budapest, and Santiago;
▪ Assist the Director with the formulation of relevant HR policy positions, and preparation of related papers, for the
Organization’s governing bodies and UN inter-agency and common system fora;
▪ Support the Director in collaborative initiatives and negotiations with stakeholders, and other UN common system organizations;
▪ Perform other related duties as required.
▪ Advanced university degree in Human Resources Management, Social Sciences, Economics, Business, Public
Administration or related field
▪ Professional experience in the field of human resources and/or administrative management
▪ Proven ability and experience in communication and negotiation
▪ Experience in HR strategy and policy, including at the UN common system level
▪ Working knowledge of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge of one of the other two or Arabic, Chinese or Russian
Results focus: Takes accountability for the delivery of agreed results in service of FAO’s strategic framework – Leading, engaging and empowering others: Coordinates, directs, facilitates and recognizes team efforts; creates an enabling environment and assists others to realize and develop their potential – Communication: Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication – Partnering and Advocating: Promotes ideas and develops partnerships to advance the Organization’s work – Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement: Continually seeks to improve the knowledge, skills and work processes of oneself and others – Strategic thinking: Makes informed and coherent decisions aligned with broader goals and strategies.
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for all and
Integrity and Transparency.
FAO adheres to the UN common system of salaries, allowances and benefits. General information regarding salaries and allowances can be found at the International Civil Service Commission Web site: http://icsc.un.org/.
How to Apply
To apply, visit the iRecruitment website at http://www.fao.org/employment/irecruitment-access/en/ and complete the on-line application. Only applications received through iRecruitment will be considered.
Vacancies will be removed from iRecruitment at 23:59 Central European Time (CET) on the deadline for applications date. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: iRecruitment@fao.org