Mr. Theophilus Osei-Owusu – Ag. Director – Agricultural Extension Services
We are the Directorate of Agricultural Extension Services (DAES). We are responsible for the overseeing of agricultural technology diffusion through the management of an extension delivery service in the country.
To establish an efficient and demand-driven extension service in a decentralised system through partnership between the government and the private sector for provision of quality service to our clients.
Work with the regional and district administration to ensure that extension services contribute in an effective and efficient way towards the social and economic development of Ghana.
OUR CORE FUNCTIONS ARE
DAES is tasked to perform the following functions:
- Extension Policy formulation and Planning;
- Review various extension approaches, framework document on RELCs, FBOs and private service providers in extension to improve on extension service delivery.
- Facilitate in the human resource development at all levels in extension delivery.
- Coordination of Extension activities;
- Collaborate with a range of organisations/ agencies including NGOs, private service providers and public organisations in providing extension service.
- Disseminate information on appropriate approaches to all extension service providers.
- Collaborate with other agencies in facilitating the formation, sustenance and management of Farmer Based Organisations.
- Promoting strong research-extension-farmer linkages.
- Provision of Technical support to the regions and districts in the planning and implementation of extension activities;
- Facilitate in planning sessions at the district and regional levels and regional management meetings.
- Provision of technical materials on agricultural technologies.
- Provision of logistics for field staff throughout the country.
- Monitoring and Evaluation of all extension activities under the Ministry of Food and Agriculture.
WE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Collaboration with other MDAs
- Provision of technical advisory service
- Provision of information on NGOs and CBOs involved in agricultural development
- Provision of information on Farmer Based Organisations (FBOs).
- Provision of information on agricultural technologies
We shall provide the following services in accordance with the specified time frame:
|Provision of information on agricultural technologies||1 – 3 days|
|Provision of technical leaflets on agricultural technologies||1 – 2 weeks|
|Field officers provide services in communities to farmers||3 – 4 days|
WE STRIVE FOR
- Adoption of best extension methodologies for effective and efficient service delivery.
- Effective collaboration with stakeholders involved in extension service delivery.
- Excellence by developing our human resource.
COURTESY AND COOPERATION
- Provide reliable information on extension service delivery.
- Prompt and effective response to public complaints.
- Create the necessary environment for effective participation of our clients in extension programme formulation, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation to ensure that their needs are met.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM THE PUBLIC
- Read printing material provided them and should communicate these information to others.
- Need maximum cooperation from the general public in terms of freely expressing their reservations to enhance our services to the people.
- Be courteous and receptive to our staff.
All complaints, comments on all extension activities should be addressed to the Regional, Metropolitan, Municipal and District Directors of Agriculture and also to:
Directorate of Agricultural Extension Services (DAES)
|1||Greater-Accra Region||P.O. Box 199, Accra||0302 662325 / 664217|
|2||Northern Region||P.O. Box 14, Tamale||03720 22983||03720 22908|
|3||Upper East Region||P.O. Box 3, Bolgatanga||03820 23465 / 23790 / 23414||03820 22265|
|4.||Upper West Region||P.O. Box 21, Wa||03920 22012 / 22123 / 22033 / 22478 / 22139|
|5||Brong Ahafo Region||P.O. Box 635, Sunyani||03520 27346 / 27194|
|6||Volta Region||P.O. Box 165 Ho||03620 28074 / 28075||03620 28074|
|7.||Ashanti Region||P.O. Box 3820, Kumasi||03220 25677 / 36585 / 36586 / 22434|
|8.||Eastern Region||P.O. Box 8, Koforidua||03420 22129 / 22673 / 22594 / 23118|
|9.||Central Region||P.O. Box 507, Cape Coast||03321 32998 /32556 / 32557 / 322292||03321 32557|
|10.||Western Region||P.O. Box 245, Takoradi||03120 46867 / 46863 / 41385 / 46337 / 46710|
DISTRICT DEPARTMENTS, MOFA
Contact: District Agricultural Offices in the various District
Officers in Charge of Departments/Units under The Directorate
|1||Paul Siameh||Deputy Director||Deputy Director, Extension Information Development
Coordinator, Print/Radio/Video/TV for Extension
|2||Emmanuel A. Odame||Deputy Director||Deputy Director in charge of Field Service
|3||Gabriel Owusu||Deputy Director||Coordinator, FBO/Private Sector Extension|
|4||Lovelace Kpodovia||Deputy Director||Deputy Director in charge of Livelihoods|
|5||Prospera Anku||Deputy Director||Coordinator, Public Sector Extension|
|6||Francis Korankye||Asst. Director||Asst. Director in charge of E-Extension/M&E|
|7||Kwesi Abaka Quansah||SAO||Desk Officer, FBO|
|8||Shaibu Muniru||SAO||Desk Officer, Livelihoods, (Child Labour)|
|9||Kwaku Nudanu||SAO||Desk Officer, Private Sector Extension|
|10||Nana Sekyibea Addo||AO||Desk Officer, FBO/M&E|
|11||Collins Oppong||AAO||Desk Officer, Video/TV for Extension|
|12||Prosper Akpablah||AAO||Desk Officer, Print/Radio for Extension/M&E|
|13||Bridgette Addo||AAO||Desk Officer, RELC|
|14||Sampson K. Dorcoo||AAO||Desk Officer, Field Services|
|15||Selase Kwaku Dotse||CPO||Video Editor|
Other collaborators who help us to achieve our standard are:
- Ministry of Health
- Adult Education under MOES
- Financial Institutions
- Media Houses (Radio, Television, Print Media etc.)
- Research Stations (CSIR, CRIG, etc.)
- Non-government organisations