The Policy Planning Monitoring and Evaluation Directorate is under the Ministry of Food and Agriculture of the Republic of Ghana. The Directorate was established under the administrative-wide Ministerial restructuring exercise of Public Administration Restructuring and Decentralization Implementation Committee (PARDIC)
The Directorate is one of the four line Directorates of the Ministry of Food and Agriculture. It is the nerve centre of the ministry.
The vision of PPMED is a well coordinated and harmonized agricultural policy environment leading to increased agricultural growth and income.
PPMED is to ensure the development of effective policy and programmes and coordination of the agricultural sector for higher productivity and reduced poverty.
Formulation and analysis of agricultural policies and programmes and assessment of impact on both producers and consumers;
- Review of sector policies and programmes;
- Coordination of sector programmes;
- Coordination of the preparation of MoFA’s Annual Plan and Budget;
- Facilitating the release of funds to Cost Centres;
- Monitoring financial expenditures;
- Monitoring and Evaluation of agricultural sector programmes, projects and expenditures;
- Provision of technical support in project appraisal, mid-term and project completion evaluations of programmes and projects under the ministry;
- Dissemination of information on the implementation of agricultural sector activities.
PPMED is organized into five divisions each performing distinct roles to achieve the overall mandate. These divisions include;
- Project Preparation and Budget
- Policy Planning and Analysis
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Coordination
- Projects Coordination
- Agribusiness Support
|Facilitating the Release of Funds to Cost Centres||Five(5) working Days after Release of funds by MoFEP|
|Annual Report on Budgetary allocations and Financial Expenditures of Cost Centres||Twenty (20) working days after end of year|
|Collation of MoFA’s Annual Estimates||Forty (40) working days after submission by all Cost Centres (Districts, regional, and National) –end of September|
|Preparation of 3 year rolling Strategic Plan||Sixty (60) working days after end of the year|