LIVESTOCK PRODUCTION & MARKETING:
- Largest concentration in Dormaa with slightly over 3.5m layers and broilers (2008).
- Berekum, Sunyani, Techiman also involved.
- Current regional stock size – 5,000
- Over 600 farmers trained with GIZ assistance/BARGFA out of which 206 are in business as at 2008.
- Regional grasscutter farmers Association in place.
Ruminants: Northern parts of the region, particularly Kintampo, Atebubu, Wenchi,
Techiman. Techiman has a popular livestock market and MOFA has a goat breeding station at Kintampo and a Disease Investigation Lab. at Techiman
|Table: SUMMARY OF POULTRY AND LIVESTOCK POPULATION IN BRONG AHAFO REGION AS AT AUGUST 2009|