Concept of Japanese Technical Cooperation
- Sharing the knowledge and experience among C/P, beneficiaries and experts with high priority on sustainability
- Enabling people to become self-reliant, solving their challenges through their own self-help efforts
- Development of human resources through the implementation of Project activities
Project Area, Project Period, Implementation Organization, Beneficiaries
- Project Area: Northern and Ashanti Regions
- Project Period: 2009-2014 (5 years). 1ST PHASE (2 YEARS), 2ND PHASE (3 YEARS).
- Implementing Organization: Crop Service Directorate (CSD), Ministry of Food and Agriculture (MOFA)
- Beneficiaries: 30 RADU and DADU staff and 1,000 farmers
Productivity and profitability of rice farming in rain-fed lowland in Project Area is increased.
Dissemination of the model for sustainable rain-fed lowland rice development is accelerated within the Project Area
Technical package of improved rain-fed lowland rice production is developed
Methodology to improve farming support system for sustainable rain-fed lowland rice production is verified
Dissemination procedure of a model for sustainable rain-fed lowland rice development, consisting of the technical package and farming support system, is established
2010 CROPPING SEASON (APRIL-NOVEMBER, 2010)
- 7 Districts selected for implementation, 4 in Ashanti and 3 in Northern.
- 14 trial sites established: 8 sites in Ashanti and 6 sites in Northern. 2 communities per district. 1 site per community selected.
- One (1) group per site and 30 Farmers per group.
- Average yield for Ashanti Region was 3.6ton/ha whilst the Northern Region was 2.9ton/ha for 2009 farming season.
- Currently for 2011, the Project is working with 24 trial plots in Ashanti Region and 18 trial plots in Northern Region